Wednesday, March 25, 2020

"Taking Pictures" The Met

"Taking Pictures" was an exhibition hosted by the Metropolitan Museum of Art (Met). It was a show portraying a conversation between two artists only using photographs. This exhibition was unique based on the content of each photograph. Each photograph is an illustration of dialogue between the two artists. I chose the work of Nina Katchadourian and Lenka Clayton. I really enjoyed this collaboration because the photographs produced by each artist were almost a replica of the one posted before but with a more abstract approach. This approach helped branch many new ideas and themes in which the artists followed. I like how it showed the different styles and techniques of each photographer. I also enjoyed the incorporation of video towards the end of their piece. I thought the idea behind this exhibition was amazing. It is definitely something I wish that I could have been apart of and experienced.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Project: Cyanotype Collage

  For this project, I wanted to making an existing work of art into something new. I ...